Adult brother and sister (50 and 43), sleeping in same bed

U

upsetandworried

Jurisdiction
Michigan
Wife 43, has taken to sleeping in the same bed as her 50 year old brother......this has just started in past couple of weeks. she claims that this is not a problem, and is not breaking the law in an way. Also and most disturbingly our 7 year son shares the room. 3 children in a 3 bedroom house....

Wife 43, has taken to sleeping in the same bed as her 50 year old brother......this has just started in past couple of weeks. she claims that this is not a problem, and is not breaking the law in an way. Also and most disturbingly our 7 year son shares the room. 3 children in a 3 bedroom house....

Let me guess. Your wife left you and took the kids and went to stay at her brother's house while she is divorcing you. The house is small so the sleeping arrangements are tight. You want to take the opportunity to paint her as the epitome of evil thinking it will help you get custody and mitigate your child support obligations.

Am I close.

That was my guess also, adjusterjack.

Let me guess. Your wife left you and took the kids and went to stay at her brother's house while she is divorcing you. The house is small so the sleeping arrangements are tight. You want to take the opportunity to paint her as the epitome of evil thinking it will help you get custody and mitigate your child support obligations.

Am I close.
No I am afraid that is not the case...He moved in with us a few months ago as he needed somewhere to stay...it started out with them going out for meals and leaving me at home/work..then progressed to I was not allowed to sleep in the bedroom, but, had to sleep on the sofa, whilst our eldest son was removed from his room to make way for the brother. At this point I was on the sofa and our eldest son (12) was sleeping in the family room on a twin bed I setup there for him so that he was not on the floor. She then decided that I had to sleep in the basement. We do not use the basement due to black mold issues and flooding when it rains. They were still going out every night, and leaving me with the kids. Whilst sleeping in the basement, I can hear all footsteps from the squeaking floor boards. they would close the door of the room that the brother was supposed to be sleeping in. They would go away for weekends and the kids would state that they had to make way for mum and her brother to sleep in the bed. one night after a lot of walking i came up from the basement and found that the "his" bedroom door was opened. I noticed that my old bedroom door was closed and locked. They were both in there - with our 7 year old son in the same room...I have pointed out that this is wrong on so many levels, and all I get told is that it is OK as he is her brother...

Buddy, your problem isn't your BIL sleeping in the same room as your wife and 7 year old. Your problem is that you allowed your wife to kick you out of your own room, then relegate you to the basement. This is what is not normal. Why on earth would you EVER agree to leave your own room, and especially agree to move to a moldy basement? What next? A cupboard under the stairs? You need counseling ASAP. Joint marital counseling would also be a good idea but you can not control whether she joins you. Either way, you need to work on yourself first, then figure out your marriage.

A seven year old still sleeping in the parents' bedroom is also a bit of a red flag IF it is not due to economic circumstances or a medical condition. There is nothing illegal about it, and certainly there are times it is justified, but you describe a 3 bedroom house of which your wife has one, your son was vacated from another, and your other son is bunking with mom. Who sleeps behind door #3?

Buddy, your problem isn't your BIL sleeping in the same room as your wife and 7 year old. Your problem is that you allowed your wife to kick you out of your own room, then relegate you to the basement. This is what is not normal. Why on earth would you EVER agree to leave your own room, and especially agree to move to a moldy basement? What next? A cupboard under the stairs? You need counseling ASAP. Joint marital counseling would also be a good idea but you can not control whether she joins you. Either way, you need to work on yourself first, then figure out your marriage.

A seven year old still sleeping in the parents' bedroom is also a bit of a red flag IF it is not due to economic circumstances or a medical condition. There is nothing illegal about it, and certainly there are times it is justified, but you describe a 3 bedroom house of which your wife has one, your son was vacated from another, and your other son is bunking with mom. Who sleeps behind door #3?
Daughter 10 sleeps in her own room.

Back