Adoption Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

titus9531

Ever since i was in elementary school i have wanted to adopt a child, BUT I have no clue about how to go about it...i have read all the sites about it and I cannot afford to pay thousands of dollars to adopt a child. So, I know you can adopt someones child with their permission.consent right?...so if you and the person agree on it what are the next steps to makling it legal and how much would it cost?...also Is there a way to find people who are pregnant and are going to put the child up for adoption? or people who have children that they can no longer take care of and want to find a family that will/do want to have them?...
Thanks so much for any advice and please help i really want to adopt a child in need of a loving family.

Going through a legit adoption is going to cost money. There are legal fees, home studies, etc.. It is totally unethical to troll looking for pregnant woman to give their babies up. You might fall victim to a scam that way too. If you have no money to an adoption the right way then you do not have the money to raise a child. to do it the right and legal way will cost a little money. Normally if a mother cannot take care of the child, it will go to a family member, or the father, last resort a foster home.

You just do not stumble across children that need to be adopted.

You can try being a foster mother and going from there. Sometimes fostering will lead to an adoption. I am a Court Appointed Special Advocate and the baby I represent is being adopted by the foster family since neither parent is following the case plan at all, we have put in to sever rights.

So fostering is a good way to start, or sign up with an adoption agency.

I understand that you dont just stumble across children needed to be adopted. what I was wondering was like I know alot of woman make the decision to adopt out their children so where do they go to give there children away?...Just because i can't afford thousands of dollar to buy a chil;d that somebody doesn't want or can't take care of themselfs does not mean i cannot care for the child itself. I have children as it is and we do perfectly fine but thousands of dollars i am not willing to pay...I had a friend who gave her child to a family friend because she was a teen at pregnancy , from there would you just file forms for making it legal or what?

Most of the time people give their babies to family, but it's not a legal adoption. Sometimes paperwork is never signed, sometimes just guardianship or temp. custody is given. To go through a legal adoption, rights need to be severed by both mom and dad, and then the adoptive parents petition the court to finalize the adoption.

Or in many cases a young mom will contact an adoption agency. They have a list of prospective, eligible families and often the mother can help select the family who gets her child.

So in the case of your friend, she may have given the baby to them but in order to legalize the adoption, it is going to cost some money as it is just not a do it yourself project.

exactly that is what i am trying to do what my friend did, without an agency.
But need to have access to the names or whatever to who is wanting to give their child up for adoption...is that possible without an agency?.other then knowing the person.?by the way thanks for all the info.

Sure it's possible without an agency, but likely you will need an adoption attorney to help complete the paperwork. Any mistake and the adoption can be challenged by one of the bio parents since their rights need to be properly terminated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back