Adoption Hearings.... HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

pootersmomo

A little History.....

Bio-mother is a crack addict prostitute..... she has three other child that CPS has removed and placed in other family placments. This happen over a period of years.... the last one about 5 year ago.... Grandmother has custody of two of the girls.

In 2003, she gave birth to another baby girl... By June 2004, CPS had received a call stating the infants was being left alone for days at a time. CPS contacted the grandmother, who was able to get the child without CPS opening a case, however, grandmother didn't have the means to take care of another infant...... she contact other family members and my husband and I took the infant in. July 2004, we brought the infant into our home. She was 9 months old, and weighed only 10lbs. We caught her up on her shots, and other medical treatment. September 2004, Bio-mother was arrested for theft and spent a short time in prison. Oct 2004, we filed for custody throught the grandmother. Mom defaulted her answer, however filed a petition for change of venue a month later... Nothing has been done on that. Our adoption has set with the courts sense then. We have had to contact with mom... even though she got out of jail in Oct 2004. She did complete Drug Rehab for the 8th time this passed January. We have remained in contact with the grandmother (mom's mom) because she is helping us get custody. According to her, mom is already back into contact with her pimp, lost her job the rehab center got her... and well on her way back to the same ol' routine.
We now have a status conference set for June 28th, and a hearing for Temp orders on July 19th. I am just a little concerned we will get to court and the Judge say give her back. We will have had her a year in July..... what do you think our chances are?

Thank you ...
a very concerned adoptive mother.

Do you have a good attorney? i really hope for the child's sake you get to keep the child. Mom should have her rights terminated. What does your attorney say?

I wish you LOTS of luck. Please keep us posted on what has happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back