Adjustment in support

Status
Not open for further replies.

karen923

I will be divorced two yrs this february - when we go divorced our salaries were equal. I receive only $326 per month in support. My ex has her every other weekend fri-mon and every wed-thur - I have been working part time all year since being laid off dec 08. How can i go about having the support amount adjusted. Can it be done without a lawyer so i save some expense.

I will be divorced two yrs this february - when we go divorced our salaries were equal. I receive only $326 per month in support. My ex has her every other weekend fri-mon and every wed-thur - I have been working part time all year since being laid off dec 08. How can i go about having the support amount adjusted. Can it be done without a lawyer so i save some expense.

Your income has gone down so you want your ex to pay more:eek:. Why not think about you earning more instead of sqeezing the ex.

Your income has gone down so you want your ex to pay more:eek:. Why not think about you earning more instead of sqeezing the ex.

While a little blunt, OP, this is correct.

You need to be either spending less or earning more - it's HIGHLY unlikely that his support will increase based solely upon your earnings decreasing.

It doesn't work like that.

Now with that said, with the original order being two years old you are entitled to have it reviewed periodically. That will be your best bet but be aware that you may be imputed an income based upon what you're capable of earning.

While a little blunt, OP, this is correct.

You need to be either spending less or earning more - it's HIGHLY unlikely that his support will increase based solely upon your earnings decreasing.

It doesn't work like that.

Now with that said, with the original order being two years old you are entitled to have it reviewed periodically. That will be your best bet but be aware that you may be imputed an income based upon what you're capable of earning.

What, Pro... you think maybe I went just a little overboard? Maybe I should have left out the emoticon:D

Because you are only working part time is usually not a reason to adjust support. Why should the ex pay more because of your job? Either find another part time job or 1 full time one. Everyone is having a tough time in this economy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back