adjudication notice

Raul Revollo

Jurisdiction
Florida
I got an Adjudication Notice in the mail for a for a petition I filed to have my case reviewed by the court for a red light camera violation. From what I understand the letter states that Adjudication was Withheld which I presume means I was not found guilty (but not sure), but I would still have to pay the fine by a certain due date. Also, it states as "Additional Instruction" that 180 day motion was granted.

My question are:

1. Was found guilty or not guilty?
2. Will I get points assessed to my record even if I pay the fine?
3. What does it mean when a 180 day motion is granted?

Please help I am confused.

Thank you.

1. Adjudication withheld means you were not found guilty or not guilty. No decision was made.

2. Possibly. It depends whether you are later found guilty or not.

3. Did you make a motion to continue? Did you need more time for something? It seems your case is essentially on pause for 180 days.

1. Adjudication withheld means you were not found guilty or not guilty. No decision was made.

2. Possibly. It depends whether you are later found guilty or not.

3. Did you make a motion to continue? Did you need more time for something? It seems your case is essentially on pause for 180 days.

I was a day late in asking for a court date and for paying the original fine (which I paid). I was told by the clerk that I can make a petition for the court to review my case but I was to show up in person to receive the decision. Since I could not appear in person because I would be overseas on that date I filed another document to allow the response to my petition from the court be sent to me by mail and to basically excuse me from not showing up in person. It seems to me that the letter I got was a response to the second document. So probably they will still be willing to grant me a court date. What do you think?

I got an Adjudication Notice in the mail for a for a petition I filed to have my case reviewed by the court for a red light camera violation. From what I understand the letter states that Adjudication was Withheld which I presume means I was not found guilty (but not sure), but I would still have to pay the fine by a certain due date. Also, it states as "Additional Instruction" that 180 day motion was granted.

My question are:

1. Was found guilty or not guilty?
2. Will I get points assessed to my record even if I pay the fine?
3. What does it mean when a 180 day motion is granted?

Please help I am confused.

Thank you.

1 = you need to ask a lawyer in your area. In Texas, Adjudication withheld means the matter is dismissed contingent on something.

2 - again in Texas, no, although our system is different than pure points

3 - again, in Texas if you remain incident free for 180 days (in your case, usually 60-90 days in Texas) the matter is cleansed from your record.

4 - in addition such a verdict requires money to be paid.

5 - see below on FL law.....

A "Withhold" is a special sentence in which the judge orders probation but does not formally convict the defendant of a criminal offense.

Florida Statutes. 948.01 vests Florida judges with the authority to withhold adjudication after the judge imposes a probation sentence.

Back