Adding a co-executor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhp314

My aunt died leaving her daughter Jean [my cousin] a house. The house is being sold, She is disabled and due to Medicade/Medicare restrictions she cannot be the recipiant of the proceeds from the sale of the house. She named her brother Samuel executor of the estate thinking he would be looking out for her intrests. He will be receiving the proceeds from the sale of the house for her.
She realized that naming Sam executor was a mistake and is at a loss as to what can be done to ensure that he does not abscond with the proceeds from the sale of the house. My questions are:
Is there any way Jean can add co executor whithin a week? [closing is 7\25]
Is there a way to ensure/force Sam as the executor to put the proceeds into a joint account from which he will not have sole access to the proceeds.
Is there any way to request a type of oversite or monitoring of the executor regarding these funds.

Thank You

If she is barred by Medicare from receiving funds from the sale of the house, why does she care what her brother does with the funds?

At any rate, just because her brother is the executor, doesn't mean he is to receive the funds.

She needs a lawyer.

If things transpire as you describe, she won't get the money, but Medicare will treat her as she did!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back