ADA Disability Retaliation / Gang Mobbing

Status
Not open for further replies.

lanijoanne

Last year the day before I was to start a new job I was in a fire. The fire intensified the PTSD I already had from other life events as I started having nightmares about being in a fire and not being able to escape. Then the new employer filed on so much other job duties that I was starting at 8 am and staying until 7 or 8 pm when other employees were leaving at 3:30 or 4 pm. (I was only paid until 3 pm). I had no time almost to deal with the fire and PTSD. Then I asked for ADA accommodations to do only contractual job description and was retaliated against by the boss (and actually gang mobbed by other employees too) so much so that the psychiatrist put me off work due to exaccerbation of PTSD. The union that I joined did nothing despite numerous email requests for help. Then I had to resign under duress. Life has been very very difficult as I have not gotten a new position. I have filed two cases with the Civil Rights Commission and need help organizing the case. Any ideas? Documentation is excellent. I can only afford an attorney to take the case on contingency.

This is not the way to find an attorney. You can contact your local Bar Association and ask for referrals to employment law attorneys in your area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back