Active 1983

Carl Edwards

Jurisdiction
Illinois
I currently experienced something similar. State of Illinois. On parole. Successfully graduated Dec. 2021. Oct. 2020 cos knocked on my door. Opened it. They demanded I come outside or they would taze me. I refused. Was pulled out by my neck. Beat on. House raided. Daughter removed from the home. Because someone called and said I was actively beating my dog senseless. I was charged with resisting a peace officer and nothing else. Charge was dismissed three days ago, pro se. Without the existence of an exigent circumstance, and there has to be proof, and without a warrant for search or seizure, they CANNOT come into your home PERIOD. At least not in Illinois. Not without consent.

Fantastic news to report. Charges of Resisting a Peace Officer have been dismissed with prejudice after officers knocked on my door and demanded I come out or be tazed. No warrant. No exigent circumstance besides one fabricated by officers. I'll spare the details. However I got the charge dismissed.

So now here I sit, 1983 case active in District court and I have no idea how a trial works. I need help with understanding the trial process. Can anyone help me with that?

Fantastic news to report. Charges of Resisting a Peace Officer have been dismissed with prejudice after officers knocked on my door and demanded I come out or be tazed. No warrant. No exigent circumstance besides one fabricated by officers. I'll spare the details. However I got the charge dismissed.

So now here I sit, 1983 case active in District court and I have no idea how a trial works. I need help with understanding the trial process. Can anyone help me with that?

I assume you mean that you have federal civil rights claim filed against the police in federal district court. I suggest you get the help of an attorney who litigates such claims to help you. These are not simple cases and if you don't know what you are doing you might screw up an otherwise good case.

Are you saying that between 3:05 a.m. and 3:10 a.m. on a Saturday morning, your charges were dismissed with prejudice by the court?

Are you saying that between 3:05 a.m. and 3:10 a.m. on a Saturday morning, your charges were dismissed with prejudice by the court?
lol...no. OP posted his second post on this thread to another member thread. It was apparently moved to here as it was totally irrelevant to the other members Georgia situation.

I currently experienced something similar.

Similar to what?

Successfully graduated Dec. 2021.

Graduated from what?

I don't see a question in your post, but if you're on parole, you and your home are likely subject to search at any time, without regard to the rules that apply to everyone else.

Are you saying that you, as a pro se plaintiff, filed a 1983 lawsuit? How a trial works and how the process of civil litigation works is something that encompasses multiple classes at law school and is typically learned by most lawyers through experience over at least multiple months. It's way beyond the scope of what you can get from an internet message board.

Back