Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Accused of theft from previous employer

Status
Not open for further replies.

drd_0568

I received a letter from a detective that I was identified as a suspect of theft from my previoous employer. I was termed from them after I got released from the hospital after a heart attack for not following policy and procedures not theft. Now I am being accused. Do I go to the detective like they are requesting to make a statement or should I not go.
All of this took place while I was in the hospital from March 6, 2011 until March 21, 2011. I need advice

I received a letter from a detective that I was identified as a suspect of theft from my previoous employer. I was termed from them after I got released from the hospital after a heart attack for not following policy and procedures not theft. Now I am being accused. Do I go to the detective like they are requesting to make a statement or should I not go.
All of this took place while I was in the hospital from March 6, 2011 until March 21, 2011. I need advice

We all have a constitutional right to remain silent.

It NEVER helps to speak to the police.

It USUALLY hurts.

That said, all the police can do is arrest you.

You are innocent until proven guilty.

If the police had a good case against you, why would they need to talk to you?

My considered legal opinion is never speak to the police if you're a potential defendant in a criminal matter.

You have no legal obligation to do so, so why do it?

Don't even respond to their letter.

You are NOT required to answer their letter.

If you are arrested be polite, give your name, address, date of birth, and immediately ask for a lawyer.

Make no statements about anything other than name, age, address, and ask for a lawyer.

Then get someone to arrange your bond.

If you are arrested speak ONLY to your lawyer, an d no one else.

And, never talk to anyone from jail about this, except your lawyer.

All telephone calls made from a jail are recorded, as are visits (except with your lawyer).

If the letter states that I was named as a suspect of theft, and I received the letter on May 30, 2011. I was termed from my employment in March. The 21st as matter of fact. I still have the write up. Its dated the same day i was released from my doctor. I do not understand how someone can be suspected of theft when you haven,t been there for over 2 months? I'm confused.

If the letter states that I was named as a suspect of theft

All the more reason to not speak with them. If you are a suspect then they are looking for information that will help them to arrest you. You have no obligation whatsoever to speak to the police. If they have evidence against you they will arrest you- why in the world would you want to GIVE them that evidence? Do nothing. If they arrest you do not make any statements to them. Speak only to an attorney.

I do not understand how someone can be suspected of theft when you haven,t been there for over 2 months? I'm confused.

The theft could have occurred before you stopped working there.

Now I get a letter from the detective stating that the paperwork is being sent to the DA'S OFFICE, SINCE i DID NOT GIVE THEM A STATEMENT. wHAT SHOULD i DO NOW?

Now I get a letter from the detective stating that the paperwork is being sent to the DA'S OFFICE, SINCE i DID NOT GIVE THEM A STATEMENT. wHAT SHOULD i DO NOW?

Do you think that if you'd admitted to everything, they'd never prosecute you?

You have the right to remain silent. If you're smart, you'll use it. If you talk, you help them lynch you.

If you're arrested, remain silent and ask the court to appoint a lawyer to represent you. Talking to the cops only hurts you.

All the cops want is your scalp.

Do nothing.
They either have sufficient evidence to proceed against you or they are trying to bluff you.
Either way, it does you no good to talk to them.
Without your statement they have less information to use against you and it increases the possibility that the DA will reject the case for lack of evidence.
If the DA files charges then a warrant will be issued, and if you find yourself being arrested then it is time to lawyer up if you haven't already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back