Accused of theft at work and taken straight to jail

Status
Not open for further replies.

mackin4467

I was accused of theft by a giant company and was marched out of this retail store in handcuffs infront of customers and co workers.i did not steal anything nor did they catch me with any of there merchandise.i had never been wrote up for anything in the past .then the next day after i got out of jail i called in to let them know i wouldnt be coming in that day since no one had fired me.then they let me know that i was terminated from employment. I called in so they wouldnt try to say that i abandoned my job.i applied for uenmployment and was denied so i appealled and won unemployment benefits.do i have to get this case dismissed or acquitted before i can file a lawsuit for defamation of character ,and wrongful termination.furthermore this misdemeanor may take over a year to get it dismissed or acquitted in court will the statue of limitation run out if i dont beat this case in adequate time?its been 9months since this happened to me i also have never been arrested for anything like this before this has devastated my life in a lot of ways. Im out money that i dont have paying for this criminal lawyer and ive pawned almost every thing i own unemploment is about to run out and know one wants to hire me with that theft charge on my record.i believe it was a set up because i turned down overtime when asked by my supervisor. Can someone please give me there opinion on this matter?

You need to work with your lawyer.
You also need to say nothing about any of this until your criminal charge has been concluded.
Nothing matters until, and unless you receive an acquittal.
Stop talking and wait.
Yiu have THE RIGHT to remain silent.
Be smart and use it.
Anything you say to your lawyer is constitutionally protected.
What you post here, isn't.
Close the door, turn off the lights, and be very, very quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back