Other Criminal Charges & Offenses Accused of Taking Shots in the wrong bathroom

user7212014

So on March 24, 2015 I at an unfamiliar building on my college campus. I was there to check the lost and found for a binder I lost the previous day, and I mistakenly went into the wrong bathroom.

Apparently more than one girl went into the bathroom and saw my phone "on the ground". It may have been very well on the ground, but I forgot where it was exactly. They claim that I took pictures of them using the bathroom which I definitely did not do.

I even offered let the staff at the building check my phone but they said "sir you better leave now, campus police will contact you". They did contact me and I offered to give them my devices without a warrant. My devices were later returned to me within two hours of the same day (March 24).

Since then, I have not heard from the campus police, but I do see that on the crime log of the campus police that a case (which I believe is mine) is still open today. The potential charges are: 647(J)(3)(A) PC - Using Camera to Secretly Record / 647(G) PC - Loitering and the disposition is "open".

Also, the school's Title IX officer just contacted me today and even stated that there was a possibility that I could be expelled from the college.

Like I really did not take any pictures in the women's bathroom. I was in there by mistake and this was all a misunderstanding. I do not know why someone would assume that pictures were taken simply because my phone was on the ground. Also I even offered for the staff to confiscate and check my phone on March 24 at the scene and they refused to. Obviously, now, they can say that I "deleted" the pictures.

If you're ever arrested or accosted by the police, you remain calm, provide your name and other identity related information, and INVOKE. That means you SHUT UP, availing yourself of your right to remain silent.

If hauled before the court, again, name, rank, serial number, plead NOT GUILTY, don't try to explain (they won't believe you, and it's not your job to prove a negative), hire a lawyer, or ask for a public defender, then simply remain silent until you meet your lawyer.

BTW, your lawyer won't ask if you're guilty, as you are presumed INNOCENT, unless and until the state PROVES your guilt!!!

I am not saying you did this or had any evil intent just want you see other side.
> Bathrooms "everywhere" are clearly marked in addition once one enters a bathroom its usually very easy to tell which gender uses the restroom.
> Why did you stay and leave phone on ground if seeking lost and found?
> Why was your phone on ground on even out?
> How did anyone know thisw was "your" phone?

Without the pictures or anyone seeing you take pictures that charge wont likely stick. Other charge could. If school decides to expell you its their choice. If there is an appeal process use it if expelled

Well here's to clear everything out:

1) I only had one class at that building and it's my first year at the college, so obviously I wasn't familiar with that location. Plus I was on my tablet that day and the door was partially open, so I didn't really pay attention to the sign.

2) I was looking and going through every office to see if there was a lost and found and I needed to use the restroom.

3) I wasn't on my phone and I believe it's common for people to leave their phone on the ground when they use the bathroom, especially when doing "number 2".

4) After using the bathroom, I went to the office to ask if they could make like an announcement regarding my binder being lost. That's when I ran into one of the girls who alleged me of taking shots of her under the stall.

I just don't know why they would say that the phone was "taking shots" when they just simply saw it? I mean, I've seen many phones under the stall even in the men's bathroom. Lastly, I even offered for the staff to confiscate and check my phone right at the scene that day, she refused and said that she would follow up with the campus police instead.

Absent any actual pictures from bathroom that charge wont likely stick. Answer NO POLICE or CAMPUS POLICE QUESTIONS! If questioned your first answer should be "I want a Lawyer"

Well here's to clear everything out:

1) I only had one class at that building and it's my first year at the college, so obviously I wasn't familiar with that location. Plus I was on my tablet that day and the door was partially open, so I didn't really pay attention to the sign.

2) I was looking and going through every office to see if there was a lost and found and I needed to use the restroom.

3) I wasn't on my phone and I believe it's common for people to leave their phone on the ground when they use the bathroom, especially when doing "number 2".

4) After using the bathroom, I went to the office to ask if they could make like an announcement regarding my binder being lost. That's when I ran into one of the girls who alleged me of taking shots of her under the stall.

I just don't know why they would say that the phone was "taking shots" when they just simply saw it? I mean, I've seen many phones under the stall even in the men's bathroom. Lastly, I even offered for the staff to confiscate and check my phone right at the scene that day, she refused and said that she would follow up with the campus police instead.

Whatever you do, please for YOUR sake, remain silent.
Don't offer any explanations, just don't do it.
If you tell those things, trust me, you help convict yourself.
You are INNOCENT until you plead guilty, or are adjudged guilty by a jury of your peers.
Beyond the criminal penalty, which will be devastating because you might be adjudicated a sexual offender or pervert IF CONVICTED, the college administrative hearings hangs over your academic career like the sword of Damocles.

What you need to do, excuse my bluntness, is simply SHUT UP.
SILENCE is YOUR ally.
Whatever you say, can and WILL be used against YOU in a court of law.
Please, for your sake, stop.
If nothing happens, cool.
If you're arrested, name, date of birth, address, etc...
Don't discuss the case, it can't help you, it'll only HANG you.

One last thing, anything deleted from any electronic device CAN be recovered by a forensics computer or electronics expert.
Trust me, those technicians can recover almost anything.
You don't want the police examining your phone.
People in your position, manage to LOSE such phones or computers.
You can't safely wipe stuff off of electronic devices, you just can't.

Last edited:
I have been in many bathrooms in my time and I have never once seen a cell phone on the ground ... just sayin' ... even if it was a numbskull braindead move, it screams of a perv action.

The only times I have heard of such a thing, it has involved "upskirts" shots. So, i can certainly understand the sketpicism of the police and the school.

Back