Accused of stealing laptop in dorm

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwe0008

Please help!!!

OK , on my bday i went to the dorm across from my apartment and basically met 2 girls in the elvator i got off on theri floor walked with them to their room and was trying to stay with them. they said we're not sluts but this girl is....they pointed to her room which was down the hall and said go knock for her..... so i did i walked over and knocked waited then knocked again i open the door a crack to see if anyone was there no one was so i went an sat in the lobby of the dorm for a bit then left.....

now some girls identified me as being in the hallway and the girl( who i knocked had her laptop stolen). The campus police tried to question me and arrested me becasue i had a warrants out for unpaid tickets pedestrian in walkway ticket (jaywalking) and a PI.

i talked to the detective and then they wanted me to make a statemnt an i told them id rather my lawer be present.

so now the lawyer says that when he talked to them they are convinced I stole the laptop because they have aone girl who says she saw me open the door.

. what shoudl i do? what can the detectives do... is this even a case.

PLEASE HELP...Im am stressing out soo much......

Thanks

WOW!!! thank you all for the supportt and the responses ....they have been SOOO helpful its been almost a month and not one repsonse.....great community.......i see that here we help oujt as much as possible....

thank you again....b/c i have not been stressed out at all about it and you guys puting my worries at ease has been a blessing

Your Lawyer

You have a lawyer so why are you asking others to give you advice? Your whole story sounds made up and suspicious and that's why you are in the prediciment your in. Who in their right mind would go to an unknown woman's dormroom and open the door just because two other girls (that you barely even knew) told you she was a slut. They have witnesses that you opened the door and the laptop is missing. Follow your lawyer's advice and stay out of people's rooms if your not invited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back