Accused of sexual relationship with subordinate

Status
Not open for further replies.

brawleykid

I have been accused of having sex with a subordinate. I have been told very few details of the claim "pending investigation" and have been placed on administrative leave. What are my options?

I have been told the names of the people making the claims and this is what I've pieced together. The woman (claiming two sexual encounters) and her boyfriend both work for my division of the company. The woman claiming these sexual encounters recently was caught on tape (at work) cheating on her boyfriend. Her boyfriend called me threatening to quit becuase he couldn't work "in these conditions". That same day, my boss called and informed me I was being placed on leave pending an investigation into a accusation. I immediately speculated that the boyfriend had confronted his girlfriend about cheating, but guessed she was cheating with me. She, being extremely weak-willed, went along with his accusations and together they filed a complaint.

Two days later, I was called into work and told that these two employees claim I had sex with the woman on two occasions - once last year and once several weeks ago - both encounters were claimed to take place during work hours, on company premises. The areas the events supposedly took place are both under surveillance by company cameras. I told my superiors to narrow down the date of the "events" and then pull the tape - should clear up the issue immediately.

The tapes should clear me on the charges, but what recourse do I have against the accusers and the damage on my reputation their complaint has made?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back