accused of running a red light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario_Feliciano

On 9/24/2008 @ 9:45pm returning home with my wife , grandaughter and son from dinner at a restaraunt, I was stop by a officer after crossing a big intersection at least 5,000 feet from it. the officer claimed I blew through a red light. I informed the officer he must be mistaken i had the right of way the light was green when I crossed it and it must had turned yellow I been living in florida for 14 years and had never been issue a ticket. The officer continue to say i blew the red light, I told the officer I have a baby in the car please them do what he have to do so I can continue home since it is his view against minds. he ask for my driver license and went to his car 10 minutes later he comes back and tells me the picture on my drivers license looks 10 year younger them currently look.( I did not tell the officer I just went through a battle with cancer) I once again informed him to please do what he has to do and i will see him in court. he went back to his car and took another 10 minute to return, he issue me a citation for running a red light. I was upset at this and informed him I just can not believe this. he told me to sign the citation inwhich I comply. after pulling away I started to read the citation and realized that the vehical informattion did not match my car I drive a 2006 cadillac red. the citation has a 1996 dodge color black the car tags do not match my tags at all. I really felt this officer use me to pass off someone elses ticket. what can i do in this case. I feel upset that this could happend should i get a lawyer or could i do this on my own in traffic court.

Go to court.

Plead not guilty.

Have a trial.

Tell your side of it.

Should i take picture of the intersection and pictures of were he pull me over should i take my wife as a witness and my son since they was in the car when this happend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back