Harassment, Stalking, Misconduct Accused of harassement

Status
Not open for further replies.

BelleinVA

My Ex boyfriend and I have been friends for nearly 2 years after our breakup( well It was not really a Boyfriend, we only dated 1 month). Since then, I got a new boyfriend and he had a new girlfriend. I was having problems with my boyfriend and I allways will talk to the X for advise and stuff. Last week we had a huge fight. And he called me names and said that if I ever call him or email him again he is going to accuse me of harassement. Is this really factible? (I live in Virginia); we also had a fight a couple of months ago and someone was calling my cell fom an non-id number, I think it was him but then he IM me and we made peace. I am really afraid that he is going to do this because my boyfriend and I are going to get married and we are not US citizens but only visa holders working towards our green cards. All the contact that I had with the X has been consensual. I like him but he has like this dark weird side sometimes. Any advise please?

Well, it takes a little more to make a harassment charge stick, but if he does not want to be bothered in any way any more you should heed his wishes.

NYClex said:
Well, it takes a little more to make a harassment charge stick, but if he does not want to be bothered in any way any more you should heed his wishes.
Thanks for answering. Most of the time is me who said "Let's brak for a while" because it is just not nice anymore. I have a lot of emails that he send me where is obvious that our chat has been consensual. But I also realize the threat that this represent to my and my future husband and I dont any further association with this individual.
I just wanted to know if harassement is as easy as to say "she is harassing me". I just dont know how it works (the accusation).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back