Accident with yellow cab

Status
Not open for further replies.

drivingmecrazy

I was driving in Manhattan and had an accident with a yellow cab that rear ended me. I was driving towards a traffic light which turned yellow so I slowed down, perhaps a bit abruptly, and stopped before it turned red. The yellow cab behind me probably expected me to go through it. I am guessing he was following close behind because he hit me in the back after I stopped. I had some whiplash, a little car damage. A police officer was there. I didn't get any tickets, not sure if the cab driver did and I'm not sure what to do next. My neck has stiffened up a lot and I have so much more back and neck pain than I expected.

You will want to submit a No-Fault claim. In New York, No-Fault will cover your medical expenses (up to a certain extent) when you have a non-serious injury. Because it is so early after your accident, it is impossible to know whether you have injuries that will become more serious and therefore break the threshold. Depending on what you want to do, it may be in your best interest to consult with a personal injury attorney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back