Accident, uninsured

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reinny44

The city put a new light at an intersection, I didn't see it and hit a car turning left. The police came we exchanged information and the cop said he was in a good mood and did not give me a ticket. A week later I found my Insurance had lapsed, now the other driver has sent me a letter demanding I pay for her medical bills & lost wages. I want to pay her but I don't want her to come back later and sue me for other things. Should I write a letter saying that she can not take me to court later for more injury problems or something along those lines, without admitting my guilt to the accident leaving me open for more problems later. I think my liscense may be suspended for driving without insurance. What else could happen and how do I handle the other drivers letter to me?
It has been 2 months since the accident.
Thanks
Reinny44

You really need an attorney. You are probably liable for her injuries, damage and lost wages. She should have insurance though, she should be reporting some of this to her insurance, unless she didn't have any either.

If I were you, I would take this to an attorney and let them advise you.

time for an attorney

I agree with Duranie. When someone starts claiming lost wages and medical bills it is time to talk to an attorney. There are too many variables in this type of situation. -cb57

safe rather than sorry

Thank you for your advice cb57 and duranie, but can't I just get a release signed by her isn't that what an attorney would do?
Reinny44 (I'll probably get one to be safe there really are to many other questions that need to be answered).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back