accident settelment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kris

My jurisdiction is: oregon/washington

I was rearended 1.5 yrs. ago. My brand new van was totalled, and I sustained a cervical sprain and some moderate disc damaged that will not require surgery. I am in constant pain, and now suffering from permenate myofacial pain. My Dr. has even refered to it as Fibromyalgia. I have difficulty performing daily tasks and my quaility of life has dimminished greatly:( No more golf, boating, tennis, bike riding, etc. I was not employed at the time but had recently completed a certification and was planning to go to work. I will not be able to use that certification with my injuries. I can't prove loss of income because I was not yet employed. I am now having to go back to school to be trained for a new career. What can I expect as far as compensation? What about my long term care. If I accept a settlement and 5 yrs. from now need to hire a house keeper because of my worsening condition, who will pay for that? My husband is self employed and we carry $300,000 worth of auto ins. If we hit someone we want them to be covered. Can a person find out what the dollar amount is on the offending drivers policy? My life is ruined and I want to be able to care for myself long term, not get rich. What is a reasonable amount to expect?

You need to hire an accident attorney.

You can ask the adjuster what the policy limit is. I suggest contacting a personal injury attorney for help as your case may be a bit complicated, adjusters like to say fibromyalgia is due to a "pre-existing" injury or age related degenerations.

By the way, your jurisdiction says Oregon/Washington:

If the case jurisdiction is Oregon the Statute of Limitations is only 2 years. It's already been 1.5 years, you better consult and hire a personal injury attorney quickly.

If the jurisdiction is Washington the Statute of Limitations is 3 years.

Either way, I would say to definitely consult with an attorney sooner rather than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back