Accident in Dec 2010. 3 surgeries. Bone healed with a bend. Affecting other parts.

jmanfredi

Jurisdiction
New Jersey
Hello,

I can lay this out simple and then please ask me questions:

About me:
Rutgers graduate and currently work in I.T. 30 years old. I live in Manalapan, New Jersey

December 2010 - Victim of a DUI accident in Keyport, NJ
Was airlifted to Jersey Shore Medical and Surgeon #1 operated on me with ORIF for a broken right tibia-fibula.

Jan - Mar 2011 - Recovery and PT. Lost my job as a self-employed salesmen

Apr - Aug 2011 - Worked as a local window cleaner and much more PT. My no-fault case is being developed. I see my surgeon for check ups and my x-rays don't look good. The surgeon kept pounding away at PT. The bone was only healing on one side.

Sep 2011 - Mar 2012 - More pain, now working for a B2B Tech company in Hazlet, NJ. My leg doesnt fully extend all the way and knee is locking. The leg is still very painful post-op.

Apr 2012 - I contact a new surgeon up in NYC and he tells me the bone is not healing that they need to operate again for a malunion. Basically the first surgeon didn't FIX MY LEG STRAIGHT correctly and my attorney said nothing about it in my case. The bone shifted while the nail was in there because it wasn't properly done. Surgeons tell me this will heal in time.

May 2012 - Surgeon #2 removes the nail and affixes a new Plate + many screws + bone morphogenic protein. Very LONG stitch job.

Q4 2012 - More PT and now I am working for a bank at a desk part-time during this timeframe. I believe I did my deposition at this point.

Jan 2013 - I am awarded a total settlement of only $85,000. The defendant's insurance paid out to me of roughly $55,000....

At this point I decide to let things go because the surgeon #2 says I might need to live with this however it wasn't his fault my bone is so bent it is SURGEON #1's fault why my bone is bent! This is causing me great imbalance in my gait which is causing my other knee to overcompensate. My foot and my knee are now deteriorating everyday.

Jan 2015 - Hardware removal of the Plate.

I don't understand how superstar NBA players like Paul George can break their leg just like I did and get back to what they were doing. Maybe it's because his surgeon didn't have to perform an operation during the great Blizzard of 2010!!!! MAYBE THAT'S WHY

December 2010 North American blizzard - Wikipedia

I want someone to represent me in a new case immediately! I will now fight I will not sit back and accept these circumstances any longer.

My name is Joe.

I want someone to represent me in a new case immediately! I will now fight I will not sit back and accept these circumstances any longer.

My name is Joe.

Joe, hang in there, mate.
We lost our son eleven years after he suffered a traumatic brain injury because of an inebriated, illegal alien, wanted felon, who had no automobile insurance, as well as no drivers license.
Sadly our son passed away in 2011, after living in a coma for ten years!

You can start your search for a personal injury attorney in your county.
You can also browse our site's "case review section" for one of the attorney's indicating a willingnbess to address issues such as yours:
Free Legal Consultation with a Lawyer

I wish you restored health as you struggle through your challenges.

Joe, hang in there, mate.
We lost our son eleven years after he suffered a traumatic brain injury because of an inebriated, illegal alien, wanted felon, who had no automobile insurance, as well as no drivers license.
Sadly our son passed away in 2011, after living in a coma for ten years!

You can start your search for a personal injury attorney in your county.
You can also browse our site's "case review section" for one of the attorney's indicating a willingnbess to address issues such as yours:
Free Legal Consultation with a Lawyer

I wish you restored health as you struggle through your challenges.

Thank you my dear friend

Are you looking to file a malpractice claim against the first surgeon? If so, you are well past the 2 year statute of limitations, even if you did at one time have a claim. You have known that problem existed since 2012.

Are you looking to file a malpractice claim against the first surgeon? If so, you are well past the 2 year statute of limitations, even if you did at one time have a claim. You have known that problem existed since 2012.

The problem was not clearly definitive until medical records were provided to me upon request last summer of 2016. Directing comparing old X-rays to newer ones, on a month-by-month basis, side-by-side make it crystal clear.

Back