access issues to my property

Status
Not open for further replies.

vcw4life

I moved out of my home a year ago due to medical reasons & could not afford utilities. My home has been in foreclosure since 2011. I have since gotten back on my feet & is trying to save my home by doing a loan modification. I want to move back in the property & they said I could because its still my property & foreclosure is on hold. I have been trying to move for 3 weeks now. The property was secured & I have no access. Can I just break the locks they have on or what? They keep saying someone will call to meet me there, but it hasnt happened. Today makes 3 weeks, I need to know what can I do

You don't want to break the locks.
You do want to see a lawyer in your county for real guidance.
We have no way of knowing where the foreclosure stands, neither do you.
A lawyer can find out where it stands.
Bankruptcy can buy you more time. A bankruptcy lawyer can explain further.
Talk to one, ASAP.

Thanks for your response. I heard from mortgage company and my modification is approved. Also spoke with property preservation and they said that they are going to charge $40 to come out and meet. Still havent heard from contractor that suppose to come out so im still locked out. I went by the property found that someone has broken into storage room that is on the house and stole all of the yard equipment i had in there. Is that part not considered for them to secure and how long should I wait on them to let me back in.

Thanks for your response. I heard from mortgage company and my modification is approved. Also spoke with property preservation and they said that they are going to charge $40 to come out and meet. Still havent heard from contractor that suppose to come out so im still locked out. I went by the property found that someone has broken into storage room that is on the house and stole all of the yard equipment i had in there. Is that part not considered for them to secure and how long should I wait on them to let me back in.

You never know if people are lying or telling the truth.
Giving that due consideration, see a bankruptcy lawyer.
Bankruptcy won't save the property, but it'll buy you more time for you to seek a permanent solution.
While you wait, see a BK lawyer Monday. You'll see that by filing BK EVERYTHING will be stayed. The mere act of filing a BK stops everything. It can't just cure the arrearage and get you back into the home. It can stop the foreclosure for a few months, the BK lawyer will explain it to you, and how much that process costs.
If you don't like what you hear, you can thank him or her a do nothing. The initial meeting will cost you nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back