abused by postal inspector

Status
Not open for further replies.

waterfall

I have a friend that held an investor meeting in Las Vegas. She asked me to help her out at the meeting to hand out paper and stuff.

Now there is a postal inspector knock on my door and said that my friend is under investigation for securities fraudulant. He asked all questions to get me say I was involved He never state that if i'm a suspect or free to go. Never mention that I have the right to remain silent but attacked me with quetions. I know nothing and I was there onlly to hand out handouts.

He put note on my door. He follow me to work. Put note on my car said I was lying. I feel like he's invading my privacy.

What should I do? Should I seek for legal cousel? Do I have to talk to him or answer his questions? He show up at my house without warrant and want to come in, should i let him in?

I don't have money to hire an attoney. Please advice. Thanks so much

abused [doubtful] by postal inspector

1. I'd probably cooperate. Postal Inspectors have the highest conviction rate among the federal law enforcement agencies. They are considered the best investigators.

2. If you've been identified in their investigation, it means it's pretty serious. See #1 above.

3. If he/she showed up at your house and you invited him in, you invited him in.

4. If you were not under arrest, he/she has no legal obligation to read you your rights.

5. Most people lie when they are under investigation. Law enforcement assumes you are lying. See #1 above.

6. I'd probably cooperate. It's always better to tell the truth.

Good luck. You'll need it.

Waterfall - are you still being harassed by the same postal inspector? You have posted this same issue back in 06/07/08. I find hard to believe that there has been no change in your situation...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back