Abuse claims

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRMurphy

Our youngest daughter has been having psychological issues for some time. About 3 yrs. ago, she was cutting herself, and then around the holidays we received word- from her school counseller- that she was contemplating suicide. Visits ensued with a therapist; after a couple weeks more messages had been passed to the school that suicide was still being talked about (and planned), so we put her in a rehab center for 4-5 days. An anti-depressant was prescribed, and with the treatment, she said she was doing better. Therapist visits continued, and she also started seeing a psychiatrist. After a second visit in the month, that Dr. gave her a prescription for another drug, one that he said was quite benign (and unable to be abused), to help her sleep. 5 days later, she woke in the middle of the night, hallucinating, believing that "someone was beating her." She also said she 'might have' texted a friend describing that.
2 days later (Fri.), DFACS (Dept. of Family and Children Services) called my wife and arranged a visit. The reason was that they received a report that our daughter was being abused. They claimed that they had seen me (father) push her. They then asked her if she was being mis-treated; reportedly my daughter said, "Yes, but I can't talk about that." Some where in there it was claimed that I had "touched" (inappropriately) my daughter, also.
DFACS caseworker presented a "Safety Plan," telling me that I had to leave the house. (I told him I had no idea whatever where these claims were coming from, and would only comply because I didn't want to be arrested.) He stayed until I packed a bag and left the house. he said it could take 45 days for the investigation to complete, and that I could have *no* contact with any immediate family member until their say so (wife & 2 daughters). In addition, my daughter would have to be taken to a hospital to have an exam.
Now (Mon.), caseworker tells me that although a nurse "did not find anything," she still "had concerns," and that my daughter would need a follow-up exam (she was menstruating, don't know how that matters). Also, that the police were now handling the case.
My question: What in the hell do I do??

You do what you should have done from day 1, STFU.
You were under no legal order to leave your home.
You need to hire a criminal defense attorney ASAP.
You also need to know what your daughter is doing is called an OUT CRY.
It's generally indicative of a child being (or having been) SEXUALLY ABUSED and/or MOLESTED.
You can't unring the bell, but you can try to ensure it never tolls again.
Stop talking, hire a lawyer, and get him to discuss your outcomes.
Many times what you're describing results in someone going to prison for a very long time.

I did contact an attorney, and he advised, as you, to say nothing to anyone. From what I can gather, it is my wife pushing this. The poor kid has problems enough, has been in therapy for years, but my wife seems to be aiming to shut me out of not only family life, but any assets: that's her aim. My daughter reportedly did not accuse me of sexual abuse, but the incident with hallucinations was used to claim that I was abusing her, in myriad ways. Again, she is being treated by professionals, with ample opportunity to tell of any abuse, by anyone, and that has never come up. Her biggest problems are kids at her school (there's a group of "mean girls" there), and the shape of her parents' marriage (gee, go figure, right?). So, I'll have 2 attorneys, one for criminal defense and one for the divorce. Being in a community property state, I'll put all that on a credit card in my wife's name.

I did contact an attorney, and he advised, as you, to say nothing to anyone. From what I can gather, it is my wife pushing this. The poor kid has problems enough, has been in therapy for years, but my wife seems to be aiming to shut me out of not only family life, but any assets: that's her aim. My daughter reportedly did not accuse me of sexual abuse, but the incident with hallucinations was used to claim that I was abusing her, in myriad ways. Again, she is being treated by professionals, with ample opportunity to tell of any abuse, by anyone, and that has never come up. Her biggest problems are kids at her school (there's a group of "mean girls" there), and the shape of her parents' marriage (gee, go figure, right?). So, I'll have 2 attorneys, one for criminal defense and one for the divorce. Being in a community property state, I'll put all that on a credit card in my wife's name.

These situations are just horrible. Good luck, silence is one of the best defenses ever given to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back