Ability to force payment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drdaredevil

I was recently snowboarding at a ski resort. When i walked in I noticed a sign that said "Skiing without a lift ticket will result in a surcharge" but thought that, since I was paying and not sneaking in, I would be okay. So near the end of my visit an employee asks to check my ticket. (For those unfamiliar with this, it is basically a ticket that is put onto a loophole such as a zippe). I went to show him but to my dismay saw that it had fallen off. He then took me to a room and told me either to pay DOUBLE the amount ($70) or he would call the sheriff and he would give me a $400 fine for trespassing. Since I paid cash, I was unable to prove that I had paid for the ticket. I DID, however, offer to show him the lady I bought it from as well as 5 of my friends who also bought tickets who SAW me buy mine. They refused to look at either one, and demanded that I pay or have the sherrif called on me. I then brought up the fact that I was never issued a receipt to show that I had bought this ticket, but they again refused and told me the same thing. I eventually paid but got his as well as his manager's name so that I could contact them back once I did more research. Is there anything in my power to get my hard earned money back or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back