1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Property

Discussion in 'Foreclosure, Repossession, Auctions, Short Sales' started by mtielve, Mar 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mtielve

mtielve Law Topic Starter New Member

My ex-husband left me 7 years ago. The divorce was final 6 years ago. About 5 years prior to the marriage ending he left a large amount of personal property in a family member's garage. She asked him on 2 occasions to remove it. When he never came to get it she asked me to tell him which I did. He still never came. The house is now up for sale and we want to donate the items he left in the garage since its been 12 years years since he left them there. Are we within our rights to do that? Thanks for your help.

2. army judge

army judge Super Moderator

You can throw his junk away.

If he asks about it, do what he has done to you for a decade, don't answer!!!!

3. mtielve

mtielve Law Topic Starter New Member

Love you. Thanks for the advice.

4. jetliner2

jetliner2 New Member

Don't throw it away - sell it!!!! Might as well make a little money out of the deal.