A women in the need of help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

shawnl

Hello, I got married in February and shortly after that I found out my husband divorce was not finalized with previous wife. There divorce got finallized in August. I tried to do my own annulment papers and went to court and judge said he was not sure if I might needed more information in the papers. He appointed me to a Divorce Atty. Getting frustrated with her because they sent me the papers to get notarized and signed and it had something about a publication I mailed the papers back which I had to twice because they hand wrote something and then called me back and said it might get rejected and they apologize,but they have to send out a new one and get notarized again. Now got a message saying I have to pay 104 bucks for publication. I am trying to figure out why do I need a publication if I have his other wifes marriage certificate and divorce papers for a annulment? I dont understand if it is not a divorce why do I need a publication? Please help me out.

Last edited:
It sounds like you didn't serve the papers on him. Publication is for notice. The other possibility is that annulment requires publication. Annulments are not easy they pretty much require an attorney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back