A taxing question by a clueless person

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerri

Hi, I am going to sell a home for my grandmother in VA. I have her durable POA. I am going to try to sell it "as is" without a real estate company & was wondering about the costs to sell. I know there will be closing costs, but I am clueless about taxes that have to be paid. My grandmother is 99 & is in an assisted living home. Part of the money will be used to pay for the home and if there is anything left it will go to whoever she willed it to. So could some one give me an idea about the taxes. Thanks for your help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi, I am going to sell a home for my grandmother in VA. I have her durable POA. I am going to try to sell it "as is" without a real estate company & was wondering about the costs to sell. I know there will be closing costs, but I am clueless about taxes that have to be paid. My grandmother is 99 & is in an assisted living home. Part of the money will be used to pay for the home and if there is anything left it will go to whoever she willed it to. So could some one give me an idea about the taxes. Thanks for your help!!!!!!!!!!!!
You really should hire a real estate attorney. It's not that much money for the peace of mind that you did everything correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back