Alcohol & Drugs: DUI, DWI A person dear to me

happyamma

Jurisdiction
Oklahoma
A person dear to me had DUI on 2014 January 1st, she was 21 at that time and in college. She applied for US citizenship and got rejected because of her DUI charges. Later she recovered from it and working, being a good citizen. My question now is it ok to retry to send her citizenship application, or are there any steps in between to take care of?

Later she recovered from it and working, being a good citizen.

A good citizen of what country? Since you told us her application for citizenship was denied, I assume she went back to her home country. Correct?

My question now is it ok to retry to send her citizenship application, or are there any steps in between to take care of?

Is it ok? It's ok with me. The smart thing would be for this person to consult with an immigration attorney.

DUI is not the type of serious crime that would be a permanent roadblock to citizenship. Your friend likely just needed enough time to pass and might have no trouble now.

A good citizen of what country? Since you told us her application for citizenship was denied, I assume she went back to her home country. Correct?

Is it ok? It's ok with me. The smart thing would be for this person to consult with an immigration attorney.
Why would you assume that?

I person's citizenship application can be denied and they can continue being a legal permanent resident.
That's correct, she is a permanent resident of USA (green card holder) and she continues to be here but maintained good conduct.

Back