Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft A little help please

Collector

Jurisdiction
Illinois
I was wondering if there is anyone out here who can help with knowing about retail theft? Long story short I was accused of theft but did not give any statement admitting to the theft. I did agree to pay back what I was accused of taking. It is a very long story as to why.

I am trying to find out if I apply to another job in my line of work if this will show up in a background check. Any and all help would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

I was wondering if there is anyone out here who can help with knowing about retail theft? Long story short I was accused of theft but did not give any statement admitting to the theft. I did agree to pay back what I was accused of taking. It is a very long story as to why.

I am trying to find out if I apply to another job in my line of work if this will show up in a background check. Any and all help would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

It's hard to say.
If the police weren't involved, things are looking better for you.
But, retailers do put names of NEARLY ALL shoplifters discovered in those darn retail theft databases.
If retail's your game, that incident will ruin your name.

You can test the water by applying to a couple places you don't want to work to see what you can learn.

It's hard to say.
If the police weren't involved, things are looking better for you.
But, retailers do put names of NEARLY ALL shoplifters discovered in those darn retail theft databases.
If retail's your game, that incident will ruin your name.

You can test the water by applying to a couple places you don't want to work to see what you can learn.
Thanks for the help army judge. I'm one of those who has to know types and I was hoping to find out with out putting out applications. If I can't find out with out doing the application thing I guess I will have no ther choice... Thanks again.

Thanks for the help army judge. I'm one of those who has to know types and I was hoping to find out with out putting out applications. If I can't find out with out doing the application thing I guess I will have no ther choice... Thanks again.

You're welcome.

Many employers conduct periodic background checks.
You may find out sooner than you think, mate.

After doing a little bit or research on this forum I see that shrinkmaster is going to be my best bet for a answer to this question. It appears he has a lot of knowledge in this area. Hopefully he will see this post and respond.

It really may depend what line of work you are in. If you do something other than retail then that employer might not be inclined to check the retail database. If you do work in retail then it will likely show up at some point.
Apparently there was no law enforcement contact, so you should be clear as far as that goes.

Thanks Mightymoose,

Yes I do work in retail. Nearly 20 years and it's almost all I know. I don't wish to lie but I am very familiar with how fast a application gets tossed aside regardless of reason. I'd like to believe it's innocent until proven guilty but I am afraid it's the other way around.

Just not sure what to do or what I can do. I need a job and quickly.

Thank you again

Back