Consumer Law, Warranties A dirty deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

aishaindia

In Oct 2007 I took a car to a repair shop to be fixed after hitting a deer. I was informed that the insurance check had been spent by my friend who's name the car was in. So I was unable to pay for the repairs Mr. Williams said he was going to report the bill to the magistrate's office to receive the car for the payment of the bill since the lady I was buying the car from had spent the insurance money. In Sept 08 I received the car back from the man he took the 1500 for the repairs and filled out a bill of sale. On the bill of sale he put N/S for the sale amount saying that would reduce the tax bill when we went to pay the property taxes. I never recieved the titled and we went to magistrate court and the judge threw our case out. I have a recorded message saying that he was still waiting on the title and he would get back to us. The car had a balance on the car when we took it to him. Should I fight this descision because i have a car I can't do anything with. The repairs that he did on the car are not holding up either the paint is peeling and the ac never worked when I got it back.

I don't understand the entire case you have or who Mr. Williams is. There are two issues here - who pays for the repairs and whether the repairs were done properly. Right now it seems you have a problem with the latter. There are many facts you haven't told us and, if you feel there was negligence, then appeal the case. It just seems like the judge wasn't happy the first time and you should think about why that happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back