Personal Bankruptcy A Dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plight

My car has been recently repossessed. This was due to my account being 2 months delinquent (lost my job about a year ago and fell behind, never catching back up, but still making a payment every month since i got my new job). I also have about 10000 dollars in unsecured credit card debt.

I am getting married in March and was planning on working out settlements with my creditors to get rid of my bad debt, but then this car thing dropped on me.

From what I see, i have 2 options, file bankruptcy (combining all my debt), or eat the repossession and pay all the fees + the difference that is owed for the car. My first thought was to claim bankruptcy, get my car back, and push all my debt into a settlement plan. But I am unsure of how this will affect my fiance when we get married. We do not currently live together.

If I were to claim bankruptcy, would it have any affect on my fiances perfect credit? I would assume only on things which would combine both our credits, such as a house. She just bought a new tv and I dont want to risk them taking it away from her.

Any advice is appreciated...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back