A company signed me up for prescription membership without my permission.

Angela G

Jurisdiction
Washington
The company keeps sending me a bill which has accumulated well past $600. When I talk to a customer service agent or a supervisor they tell me i need to send a disenrollment form. I have done that three times now for a company I have never signed up for to begin with. They eventually sent me a letter on company letter head that I was going to be disenrolled with the company as of August 1, 2015, but five days later they sent me another bill. When I called and spoke to a supervisor he told me I was still enrolled. I read the letter they sent me, but they have no record of it. The company sent me another bill in September of 2015. I called again. They told me someone else--the government--signed me up for this in 2006 and ended paying for my prescription in 2013, but after they automatic just put me as a premium member all without my knowledge. I have been in touch with this company since January of 2015. I do not know what else to do. This company is now ignoring me.

Google the name of the company, and see if others have been treated this way. I smell a scam, so do a search, see what you can learn. Once you confirm they are scammers, you'll also see how others dealt with this issue,

Angela - do you have your insurance through your employer? Are you on Medicare? Are you over 65? Are you retired?

I have something specific in mind.

Back