93 in a 65

Status
Not open for further replies.

SallySueSo

Hello,

I was flagged today for doing 93 in a 65, according to the officer. I'm 18 years old and this is my second ticket, first for speeding. My parents are currently paying for my insurance, while I attend school and save up to move onto campus, but they will stop paying for it if I am convicted of a traffic violation and insurance goes up. I'm not going to be able to afford to live on campus, all other bills, plus insurance. My first ticket was for "following too close," but it was dismissed when I appeared before the DA. My question has to do with whether or not the PJC will apply here. I've heard of it, read some:

Prayer for judgment continued upon payment of costs, without more, does not constitute the entry of judgment.

I got that statement out of an e-book I just regretfully paid $35 dollars for on how to "Fight Your Speeding Ticket." I can read it, obviously, but I'm not sure what it means.

Is the PJC a reasonable request for me to make, and if so, what is the chance that I'll be given it. I've had a co-worker who used his to get out of a speeding ticket, he says he regrets it because the next week he got a DUI and would rather have used it there. Him telling me that gives me the impression that a pretty serious offense can be committed for the PJC to still apply. Then again, I don't know how much truth his statement holds and I have no clue how powerful this "get out of jail card free" really is.

I know that nobody else in my family has used the PJC in the past 3 years. And based on the e-book that I've been reading, NC law doesn't allow me to attend Driving School if marked at doing 15+. Can somebody verify that and help me determine if the PJC is the right way to go?

Thanks for your time and have a good evening. All help will be greatly appreciated.

- Mitch M.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back