80/70 along I-85, North Carolina

Status
Not open for further replies.

evosync

I apologize in advance for the redundacy. I know you folk see a lot of "I got a speeding ticket" threads but we all appreciate the help regardless.

Anyways, here's my story: Today while I was heading Northbound along I-85 towards Greensboro, NC, I was doing 80mph in the left lane. I passed two State Troopers who were idling in the median, and as soon I did so one of them pulled out behind me. I immediately slowed down to 75 and merged into the middle lane (there was no traffic around me at the time). About 2 minutes later he flashed his lights so I complied and hit the hazards and we did the usual routine from there.

After browsing through some of the other threads in here, I sort of have a sense of what I should do but I wanted to make sure I was on the right track. This is my first ticket (I'm 20) and as far as I know no one in my household has used the PFJ. Would it be best to simply show up at the courthouse on my assigned date and plead guilty and hope for the best? I'm not so sure as to whether I should plead guilty or not guilty given that it was only 10 over. Also, would it be wise to show up in advance and speak to the ADA or Clerk or someone of that nature? Please advise. Thanks in advance! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back