Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse 5k1.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

smiles4miles

My husband is currently serving 10 years and 4 months federal time for conspiracy to manufacture methamphetamines and a two pt. enhancement for a gun. he has told me that his level is 36 with a past criminal history level of 0. he has mentioned that he has helped the DA with information about a certain individual from his case. the person that he would have had to testify against took a plea deal so he never actually had to testify against him in court. he has asked me if i would be willing to assist him in getting information for the DA to bust or potentially bust others that him and i know that are still out running rampant with their crimes in dealing drugs. If i agreed to do this for him would that be considered another 5k1.1 deal for him for assistance? also am i allowed to do this for him? would i need to have a 1B1.8 for myself as well as for him to protect me during the process of gathering the info for the DA and so forth. I am new to all of this and I am trying to fully understand what it is he is asking of me. I love him and I am willing to do whatever it takes to get him home. I just need to know from a legal stand point if it is even worth doing. i do have a lot of information that could help him but some of it isnt related to his case but there is info that i have on other individuals that he used to deal with before getting locked up but i dont know who all is actively involved in his case. any advice will be greatly appreciated.

He's desperate.
Nothing you can do will help him.
It CAN end up HURTING you.
If you're smart, you won't discuss this in any form with him.
You profess love for him.
Madam, I've seen men and women dupe unsuspecting spouses and lovers.
It's time for you to protect you.
Just say nothing more about this.
Never discuss crimes with anyone.
Federal conspiracy charges ensnare many unsuspecting rubes every day.
Don't allow yourself to be bamboozled.
It's time to speak of beautiful beaches, happy holidays, fresh snowfalls, world peace, and laughing babies.
Don't speak of crimes, if you enjoy your freedom.

See the movie SNITCH. Unless you have an agreement with the Federal attorney, witnessed and backup by the DEA to monitor, all you are going to do is get yourself killed. You might do that anyway. I can't believe they let the prisoners watch that movie.

See the movie SNITCH. Unless you have an agreement with the Federal attorney, witnessed and backup by the DEA to monitor, all you are going to do is get yourself killed. You might do that anyway. I can't believe they let the prisoners watch that movie.

That nonsense was tried long before Snitch arrived.
The movie was conceptualized around the urban legend mentioned above.

He's desperate.
Nothing you can do will help him.
It CAN end up HURTING you.
If you're smart, you won't discuss this in any form with him.
You profess love for him.
Madam, I've seen men and women dupe unsuspecting spouses and lovers.
It's time for you to protect you.
Just say nothing more about this.
Never discuss crimes with anyone.
Federal conspiracy charges ensnare many unsuspecting rubes every day.
Don't allow yourself to be bamboozled.
It's time to speak of beautiful beaches, happy holidays, fresh snowfalls, world peace, and laughing babies.
Don't speak of crimes, if you enjoy your freedom.

Him and I separated a year before he was busted and I got clean off the drugs and quit associating with the types and groups of ppl that he dealt with. I went back to school and finished my nursing degree. we live in a small town where everyone knows everything about everybody. But recently I ran into a few ppl that used to always came over to our house before I left him. I had a conversation with these ppl and well these ppl are the type that like to brag about what they do. and they ended up telling me a hell of a lot more than they should have. also my uncle is state court judge for our county and another uncle of mine was one of the major dealers in our area. needless to say i have a large family with many legal and illegal connections. my husband wants me to help him gather the info for him and work with the DA. Even if I had a deal in place to protect me from formal charges coming back on me, the feds could still prosecute me for assisting? bc as i said, currently i am not living that lifestyle anymore. I just know a lot of info about a lot of ppl. i wouldnt have to physically set ppl up all id have to do is just tell the DA everything that i know about these ppl. i asked my uncle about some of this briefly this morning and he told me that it would be better if i just sat down and had a discussion with the DA first about how all of this works without disclosing any of the information that i have on ppl and not to allow them to pressure anything out of me. bc being that i haven't done anything wrong there really isnt anything that they can do to me for just wanting information about the 5k1.1. I am merely trying to gather some clarity on the topic.

oh and thank you army judge for your response. I will definitely take everything you mentioned above into consideration. I am still undecided about how to approach this subject with Stephen.(my husband)

oh and thank you army judge for your response. I will definitely take everything you mentioned above into consideration. I am still undecided about how to approach this subject with Stephen.(my husband)

You know what addicts do, what they say, and how they act.
You know what drives them.
You did the work.
You've changed your life.
You've finished college, and have a career.
Think, remember what they taught you in rehab.
Cleansing the world isn't your problem.
Getting felons sprung, not your problem.
Live YOUR life, do great things, help the ill and the infirm.
Being a rat is tough in New York City or Chicago.
Being a rat in PODUNK USA, unimaginably hard.
Stay away from the people, the life, the triggers, if you want to stay clean and sober.
Frankly, whatever you do is on you.
I hate to see you fall backwards, when you can march forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back