Assault & Battery 4th degree assault/obstruction

Status
Not open for further replies.

waconia

Alright i live in minnesota. im 19 years old and was recently convicted of 4th degree assault/obstruction. Heres the story, i was drinking at a buddies house and decide to go to a different party but had one of my sober friends drive me there. when i get there i still was drinking and cops knocked on front door but nobody answered at 12. so we kept on partying and i passed out around 3am. i guess the cops raided the place at 4am. told everyone to go up stairs but i was passed out and i suck at waking up. not good mix. they had some of my buddies try to wake me up for 10 min and then just told them to go up stairs. apparently i woke up and punched a officer in the chest. i thought it was one of my buddies messing with me. but i got punched twice in the face and tazored and went to jail and all.BS

In the police report they said i was pretending to sleep but i wasn't. i got statements from two individuals. I also been to a alcohol treatment, and have been clean for 5 months. This is my first offense and i would never hit anyone intentionally. my mom is a probation officer for god sakes in that county too.

In court at my first appearance, the prosecutor said that it would be lowered to a disorderly conduct but he wanted to talk to the police that were there. Second appearance, the prosecutor said that they would take away obstruction but still want to charge me with 4th degree assault. I dont want to. now i have court pretty soon.

I have learned my lesson, i am clean from drugs, i cant go to school with all this crap going on, my family hates me now, and i get the point. What should i do?

"im 19 years old and was recently convicted of 4th degree assault/obstruction. "

From reading your entire post, I'm unclear if you were convicted of this or are being charged with this.

It definately sounds like an attorney would be helpful. It also seems that you should obtain information of all the good things you are doing, via treatment. If you are going to AA, sign-in sheets would be helpful. If you are in AA and have a sponsor, have them talk at sentencing.

Before the Judge sentences you, you'll likely see a probation officer or pre-trial person for an interview where you need to let them know that you agree that you made a mistake, and then tell them all of the things you are doing to ensure something like this never happens again.

I'm not totally sure what your question is but it sounds like the charges are right. If you asking what your likely going to be sentenced -we cant read the minds of judges. But what you should do is give the most sincere apology to the judge and talk to a lawyer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back