Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

LostOne211

Okay so far Ive taken the NASP Course and Wrote an Apology Letter to the store I stole from. Im trying to have my court date moved up to monday. Is there anything else proactive that I can do to prove to the judge that I Have learned my lesson?

shrinkmaster said:
Honestly if you have not yet given or sent that letter to store I would hold off on it
I already sent the letter it was in email form yesterday and they replied back. I printed the entire email making sure to include the stores response.

Thank you for contacting us. We regret the situation that prompted you to contact us.We appreciate you taking time to contact us with an apology.

I shoplifted $65 dollars worth of merchandise in NC. a civil demand has not been sent yet and I have a court date set for August 1 but the court is allowing me to come July 18 instead. I have takin the NASP Course and I have the certificate. I sent the email to the customer service email address only because thats the only thing they had to contact them

That was very unwise as the letter is a confession and if given to DA can be used in court. Have you spoken with an Attorney?

The dollar amount is low and you most likely already signed a confession in the store.

Retain counsel, either public or private. Keep this off your record. When the civil demand comes pay it. Obey the trespass. Do not steal and move forward from this event.

The civil demand came today and I paid it today. So i should leave out the letter when I go to court. and also no i did not have to sign anything in the store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back