433-A IRS collection standards and reasonable expenses.

dward12

Jurisdiction
Massachusetts
I am researching information about the 433-A and what expenses are allowed under the IRS collection standards and reasonable expenses. They do not generally allow private school costs under this, as it is not necessary unless the child is unable to attend the public school in the area, or has a disability or learning issue that is solved by this private school, as well as other issues(ie; bullying in public schools, etc)

BUT on the 433-A one of the accepted expenses are court ordered payments. Which almost always get accepted from my experience.

What if in the Divorce judgement, private school payments are ordered? The kids don't have any issues that would prevent them from going to public schools. But they choose to attend this school, and in the order, it stipulated that the non-custodial had to pay 50% of the tuition. This school is K-12.

Does the "court order" acceptance on the 433-A overrule the practice of not accepting private school?

I am researching information about the 433-A and what expenses are allowed under the IRS collection standards and reasonable expenses. They do not generally allow private school costs under this, as it is not necessary unless the child is unable to attend the public school in the area, or has a disability or learning issue that is solved by this private school, as well as other issues(ie; bullying in public schools, etc)

BUT on the 433-A one of the accepted expenses are court ordered payments. Which almost always get accepted from my experience.

What if in the Divorce judgement, private school payments are ordered? The kids don't have any issues that would prevent them from going to public schools. But they choose to attend this school, and in the order, it stipulated that the non-custodial had to pay 50% of the tuition. This school is K-12.

Does the "court order" acceptance on the 433-A overrule the practice of not accepting private school?

If any taxpayer needs tax guidance and/or information about tax policies, a wise taxpayer would first engage the services of a CPA or a tax attorney licensed to practice in his/her jurisdiction.

Some people take a great risk by seeking guidance from the paid employees of the tax confiscator, but I'd also advise against doing that, too.

Again, if you want proper tax guidance/advice, hire yourself a CPA or tax attorney licensed to practice in your US state or territory.

Back