43 in a 25, Tickets for 30/25. next step?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aalfabob

Hello, I ended up getting my first ticket last Wednesday while going down a steep hill in neutral (saves gas) although now I'll be paying more for the ticket :p.

After doing some research I've decided on meeting with the prosecutor / officer before the 10 days or court date? in order to ask for a lesser charge (no points or no points + driving school).

What would I need to plead in order to have the opportunity to talk to someone? I was told by someone that if I plead not guilty and try to fight the charge, the judge could charge me for the 43mph ticket instead of 30mph which was put onto the ticket as the actual charge. If I plead guilty with explanation does that mean I will not be able to talk to a prosecutor and will just be charged with the 5 over ticket w. an useless explanation?

Thanks for any replies in advance!

what i know is that if you plead not guilty, you will have to pay the bail amount according to the charge on the citation. i dont think a judge is going to charge you for the 43 if the cop wrote down 30/25. he or she wouldnt know otherwise. the problem with pleading guilty is paying the bail up front and having to wait longer for your actual trial date. this takes time and simply getting processed in court could take some time. i was waiting for my arraignment for about 4 hours before i finally got to present my case.

as for asking for a lesser charge, i know you can work something out with the prosecutor, but you can also try the judge as well. if youre lucky, the judge may just dismiss the case altogether. in my case, the judge wasnt so nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back