Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication 3rd underage

Status
Not open for further replies.

maren

I recently got my third underage consumption ticket, and I went to court for it today. I got my first one around March (of this year), and all I had to do for that one was to attend a class. The judge said that if I completed that class the underage would be stricken from my record. I completed and never heard more about it. About a month after my first one I got my 2nd. Went to court; judge yelled at me, and I got a fine($88), and my license taken away for 30 days (however, I could still drive to school, work, and stores). Nothing happened over the summer, due to the fact that I was at home in Europe. I come back in beginning of September, and during one of the first weekends I get my third minor sitting outside a shoe repair store waiting for a ride (no open containers). As I said before, I went to court today, and didn't know what to expect, because I didn't know if he knew about both the previous ones or only one of them.. He yelled at me, and practically called me stupid because I had managed to get caught by the cops again! I guess I'm just a normal college girl who has a tendency to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. The judge told me that I needed to get an alcohol assessment, and he gave me a new court date in December. On the piece of paper I was given, the word sentence was underlined. The question I have for you is what to expect in December? And what exactly is an alcohol assessment? Thank you for your time!
P.S. this all happened in South Dakota

I'm assuming you got a minor in possession yet again. If so, then you are not simply a girl in the wrong place and wrong time -- you miss the judge's point. You would never be in trouble if you didn't break the law and chance would not have come into play. The assessment is mandatory to determine whether you are addicted to alcohol. I'm not sure what you may be facing but whatever it is, you had best STOP drinking until you are 21. It is simply not worth ruining a good portion of your life by continuing to do so.

I wish you the best of luck and hope you will get out of this relatively well and help yourself by just refraining from alcohol, regardless of how you feel about the law and your friends. They will respect you if you take a hard line stance and if they don't they aren't worth your friendship.

maren said:
I recently got my third underage consumption ticket, and I went to court for it today. I got my first one around March (of this year), and all I had to do for that one was to attend a class. The judge said that if I completed that class the underage would be stricken from my record. I completed and never heard more about it. About a month after my first one I got my 2nd. Went to court; judge yelled at me, and I got a fine($88), and my license taken away for 30 days (however, I could still drive to school, work, and stores). Nothing happened over the summer, due to the fact that I was at home in Europe. I come back in beginning of September, and during one of the first weekends I get my third minor sitting outside a shoe repair store waiting for a ride (no open containers). As I said before, I went to court today, and didn't know what to expect, because I didn't know if he knew about both the previous ones or only one of them.. He yelled at me, and practically called me stupid because I had managed to get caught by the cops again! I guess I'm just a normal college girl who has a tendency to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. The judge told me that I needed to get an alcohol assessment, and he gave me a new court date in December. On the piece of paper I was given, the word sentence was underlined. The question I have for you is what to expect in December? And what exactly is an alcohol assessment? Thank you for your time!
P.S. this all happened in South Dakota

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back