3 people scammed by same guy in PA...Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rossy

There are three of us who have been scammed by the same guy online. We are each in different states. Im in Ohio, another is in MI and another in NY. The guy who scammed us is in PA. All three of us paid for a set of fuel injectors ($200) and we recieved different ones from those we agreed upon. Paypal won't help since the guy sent a package and they only deal with packages that haven't been sent. However i do have the proof of payment that clearly states that the money is for a specific set of injectors different from the ones he sent. I also have a sheet that shows they don't flow as much fuel as indicated by the seller. In fact these don't even fit my car.

Anyway, i posted up on a forum that the injectors i recieved were incorrect and two people responded saying they had been taken by the same guy. So im curious as to what i should do since there are three of us that are willing to take a drive to PA to sue if a must. In total this is over $600 between the three of us and i would like to go together since three is better than one.

What do you think i should do.

I don't think this is an issue to consolidate as a class. This is a problem of jurisdiction for each of you since you would likely have to sue in small claims in PA in the county within the individual resides. You may want to report this individual to the local police and see what that gets you. In fact, there may be a prosecution currently underway in the county against the individual.

But what is your remedy? Perhaps someone local filing a case against this person. I'm not sure if you can testify via affidavit or whether someone can be appointed to appear for you. Typically small claims courts don't allow this. Unfortunately, it's almost always not worth the time and money to go after petty fraud like this if you are remote. There isn't an easy way I can tell you in order to recover your money. You may wish to report your collective experiences to the local district attorney's office as well. I'm sure they are receiving dozens of complaints about this individual and others.

Rossy said:
There are three of us who have been scammed by the same guy online. We are each in different states. Im in Ohio, another is in MI and another in NY. The guy who scammed us is in PA. All three of us paid for a set of fuel injectors ($200) and we recieved different ones from those we agreed upon. Paypal won't help since the guy sent a package and they only deal with packages that haven't been sent. However i do have the proof of payment that clearly states that the money is for a specific set of injectors different from the ones he sent. I also have a sheet that shows they don't flow as much fuel as indicated by the seller. In fact these don't even fit my car.

Anyway, i posted up on a forum that the injectors i recieved were incorrect and two people responded saying they had been taken by the same guy. So im curious as to what i should do since there are three of us that are willing to take a drive to PA to sue if a must. In total this is over $600 between the three of us and i would like to go together since three is better than one.

What do you think i should do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back