Burglary, Arson, Home Invasion 3 Felonies, 2 counties- Assault/ Burglary/ Substance abuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleWing13

I will try to keep this as short as possible. We live in Travis County, TEXAS. My fiance was arrested Nov 1, 2008 on the following: Burglary of Habitation (2nd degree felony), Criminal Mischief (State Jail Felony), but he also had a warrant from another county for an aggravated assault charge (from several years ago). Previous to his arrest, he had been on probation for the agg. assault. The assault occurred when he witnessed a girl he knew being assaulted by her boyfriend. There was an altercation between him and the boyfriend where he hit the guy with a beer bottle (hence the "weapon") He stopped reporting to probation do to loss of job and car, but was planning on turning himself in. The night he was arrested, he was extremely intoxicated and entered someone's house (thinking that it was a friends house). He entered the home, only looking for a phone to use but ran out when the people came downstairs, taking the phone with him. I think the criminal mischief charge is due to vandalism inside the cop car. He is not a criminal and this is very out of character for him. He does, however, have a drinking problem that is triggered by severe depression. We don't have the money to afford a lawyer and I am afraid that a public defender will not "help" him. We cannot even afford to get him out on bond. I am hoping that the court will take into consideration that what he needs is treatment...NOT jail time. Any advice on this situation would be greatly appreciated, as I have no idea where to go from here.:confused: Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back