3 days late

Status
Not open for further replies.

2xS2

My jurisdiction is: arizona

I live at a motel/hotel, I'm currently 3 days late with my rent. I have been renting here since September of 2008. I have a wife and 9 year old child with me. I have been honest with them, as far as when i'm working and not. I've always been able to pay them. My question is can they lock me out being 3 days late?

Thank You

In many hotel rental situations, the person renting the room is considered to be a guest, not a tenant. As such, they don't have the same rights as a tenant would.

For example, to evict a tenant the landlord would need to follow the legal requirements specific to their state. This typically means some type of notice specifying that either the tenant has to pay all the back rent by a certain time or leave by a certain time; if this is not done then the landlord must file for eviction through the court system.

In a "guest" situation the person who owes for the room can simply be locked out.

Do you have a signed lease with management? If so, this would imply you are a tenant, not a guest.

Gail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back