3 day pay or quit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tryinla

my lease was up for renewal in June '07. My landlord claims that they sent or posted on my door a notice of renewal. but i did not get it. In November I received a notice on my door that I owe over $4,000
The manager wants to charge me $250 for each month that has passed and the difference in current market rate of my apt. appx $600 a month. They have even included november, dec & jan even though i was in contact with them during this time trying to renew the lease and deal with this matter. Today they posted a 3 day pay or quit. I asked them why they didn't catch this sooner and let me know ? I also asked them why they cashed my checks each month without sending me a notice that the rent was insufficient? Is there anything I can do at this point ?

....."They have even included november, dec & jan even though i was in contact with them during this time trying to renew the lease and deal with this matter."

Apparently you had notice of the increase and wanted to argue so they had discussions and you did not pay...pay the increase or move within the 3 days and have a judgement entered against you for the amount demanded.

You should have dealt with this in April/May 2007 * not 7 months later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back