2nd Opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hubris_kills

I have a whistleblower case that is currently being briefed in the court of appeals because the district court ruled in favor of the defendant. (I'd be happy to email you my case number for your perusal) I am having problems with my lawyer and just don't know if I have any options regarding his level of incompetency at this late date.

For starters, I have my name on google alerts and saw where my case had been dismissed last month! Hysterically, I called my lawyer and he said that it was "their mistake" and the appeal would be reinstated, which it was.

Well, last week, I received a copy of the brief and it had so many ridiculous errors, I asked him to please correct it before submitting it. He did not read my email and filed it anyway and then went on vacation. Upon his return, he did make the corrections and told me that the clerk had the corrected brief and everything was great and we have a excellent chance of getting the decision reversed.

So, just to make sure, I called the clerk's office and was told that he did file a motion to amend and it takes up to a week for the deputy clerk to decide whether or not the amended brief will be accepted or not. Also, I did ask the person that I spoke with for the reason why that my case was initially disposed, especially since it was "their mistake" according to my lawyer. Of course, it was his mistake as I had thought and she said that he was late on filing the appeal; however, he was able to file the forms 2 days later.

As most whistleblower cases, I've lost nearly everything over this stupid case and, now, it seems almost obvious that my lawyer just wanted me to file an appeal so he could squeeze a few more K's out of me. I would love to have your legal eagle minds give it to me straight and let me know your opinions. Do I even take the initiative to have someone else review the brief and seek new counsel or just forgeddaboudit and move on? I've regretfully realized that David does not usually defeat Goliath, Inc. in this day and age, especially if your lawyer just doesn't give a damn!

Thanks in advance for any advice. This forum is great...I just wish I would have known about it sooner! Although...this is my first and last lawsuit, btw.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back