Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication 2nd MIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLMK

My son (20 years old) was convicted of an MIP (marijuana) 3 months ago. His sentence was a one year suspension of his driver's license and a fine. Last night he was given a ticket for an MIP of alcohol. He said he was moving an open bottle from inside his friend's car to the trunk. What will the fine be and will there be an addition license suspension? What are the long-term effects of having two misdemeanor convictions? Should he retain a lawyer? Would there be any benefit to him signing up for alcohol classes before the court date?

He should plead not guilty, make no statements, or give no confessions.

Yes, by all means, hire him a lawyer.

This second charge could affect his previous probation. Will it? No one can say for sure, so hire him a lawyer and follow the lawyer's advice.

By the way, his story is of no value, except to make him to appear to be a liar. So, tell him to shut his mouth, and offer no excuses. They will only get him hung.

Yes, counseling will be helpful. But, not only for this trouble, because he has issues with certain substances. At his age, this will only get worse, unless he seeks help.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

My son (20 years old) was convicted of an MIP (marijuana) 3 months ago. His sentence was a one year suspension of his driver's license and a fine. Last night he was given a ticket for an MIP of alcohol. He said he was moving an open bottle from inside his friend's car to the trunk. What will the fine be and will there be an addition license suspension? What are the long-term effects of having two misdemeanor convictions? Should he retain a lawyer? Would there be any benefit to him signing up for alcohol classes before the court date?
Specifically, what statute was he cited for each time? (The code sections)

If he has a problem with alcohol, then it might behoove him to get the counseling for himself - even if not specifically to please the court.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back