Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication 2nd MIP in the state of GA

Status
Not open for further replies.

johndoe1992

on new years i was given my second MIP. However, i still haven't gone to court for my first MIP. The ticked said that i admitted for drinking but i never said a word to the cop and he never breathalyzed me nor did he do a sobriety test. The officer said i could pay it off over the phone. Should i just do that instead or should i go to court. In addition what are some punishment that i can get from this. And i can't afford a lawyer because of college tuition and other bills.

i am also 18 in you guys were wondering.

and my first offense happened when i was 17

on new years i was given my second MIP. However, i still haven't gone to court for my first MIP. The ticked said that i admitted for drinking but i never said a word to the cop and he never breathalyzed me nor did he do a sobriety test. The officer said i could pay it off over the phone. Should i just do that instead or should i go to court. In addition what are some punishment that i can get from this. And i can't afford a lawyer because of college tuition and other bills.

i am also 18 in you guys were wondering.

and my first offense happened when i was 17

Go to court, plead NOT GUILTY, and ask the court to appoint a lawyer to represent you in BOTH matters.
In the interim, keep your mouth shiut about this.
Speak of these allegations to NO ONE, except the lawyer the court will appoint to represent you.

You also need help.
You have, or are developing, a DRINKING problem.
Your problem is with ALCOHOL.
You need help.
You need it now.
Find an AA chapter near you, I'll bet they have on on campus.
If they don't, one is nearby.
It costs NOTHING, nothing but your time and desire to change your life.
If you don't stop, your legal problems will grow beyond repair.

You likely did admit without realizing you did so... cops are tricky that way ;)
A breath test wasn't required. You are underage so ANY alcohol in your system is illegal. There is no reason to measure it. The officer is trained to recognize the signs/symptoms of intoxication. The officer's observations are all the evidence needed for something like this.

so basically what you are saying, is that i don't even have a fighting chance? and it is just better off if i just pay the hefty fine and take any punishment that goes with it???

You likely have a slim chance of beating it, if any.
If you are at risk of losing your driver's license or any other significant penalty then you can still benefit from using an attorney who may be able to reduce the charge to something less significant.

If you had not actually been drinking then I would suggest fighting it out, but you indicate that you had been drinking and the police surely saw obvious signs of intoxication that you won't be able to refute. You should be focused on minimizing the damage rather than finding some sort of technicality to beat the charge.

Since this is your second offense in less than a year you should not get your hopes up for much leniency.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back