2nd degree aggravated harassment

Status
Not open for further replies.

rejandrej

Sister in law writes nasty stuff on facebook about me. I Respond with a nasty comment back. Keep in mind it is not nearly as bad as what she wrote and all i did was answer each comment she made about me. We are not friends on facebook nor in real life. Long story!!! The whole family doesn't speak to her or my brother. Her page is open to the public, so i go on and look at pics of my brother. That's when i saw what she had wrote. Now i have 2nd degree harassment charges on me and a restraining order. Is this possible? legal? and is there anything i can do? I have never been in trouble before. Now i have had the cops at my door twice in a month. Apparently she erased what she wrote and just left what i wrote. took that to the police and the rest is history is this possible? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you provide more details? Are you saying you were charged with second degree harassment for nothing more than a single post on someone's Facebok page? I think I am missing something here, especially since we are also talking about a restraining order.

Sister in law writes nasty stuff on facebook about me. I Respond with a nasty comment back. Keep in mind it is not nearly as bad as what she wrote and all i did was answer each comment she made about me. We are not friends on facebook nor in real life. Long story!!! The whole family doesn't speak to her or my brother. Her page is open to the public, so i go on and look at pics of my brother. That's when i saw what she had wrote. Now i have 2nd degree harassment charges on me and a restraining order. Is this possible? legal? and is there anything i can do? I have never been in trouble before. Now i have had the cops at my door twice in a month. Apparently she erased what she wrote and just left what i wrote. took that to the police and the rest is history is this possible? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing ever goes away on the internet, thanks to Google.

If you search Google for certain phrases, you think she used, you can access it using Google's cache function.

That is why its dangerous and foolish to post CERTAIN things on the internet.

The shelf life is akin to plutonium.

The stuff doesn't ever go away.

If you can't get it that way, you can subpoena it from the social website's archives.

It'll be forever there, stored on some computer, somewhere on this planet!

Can you provide more details? Are you saying you were charged with second degree harassment for nothing more than a single post on someone's Facebok page? I think I am missing something here, especially since we are also talking about a restraining order.

Not a single post, a single response to a post!!!!! And yes that is what i am saying...... I responded to a post that she had left on her page in reference to me. All i did was respond to every comment she had left. I now have a court date and a restraining order. I did not make any threats whatsoever. How can somebody get away with this? Is there anything i can do in return? I have to pay court costs and possible lawyer fees!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not a single post, a single response to a post!!!!! And yes that is what i am saying...... I responded to a post that she had left on her page in reference to me. All i did was respond to every comment she had left. I now have a court date and a restraining order. I did not make any threats whatsoever. How can somebody get away with this? Is there anything i can do in return? I have to pay court costs and possible lawyer fees!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back