Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication 2nd consumption ticket and want to know the consequences

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashley350

I live in Colorado and I am 17. I recently got my 2nd consumption ticket. My first one was about a year and a half ago and my consequence then was to take a drug and alcohol class and that was it. Im not sure what my consequences will be this time though. I've been told i have to pay a fine...but I'm not sure how much. I've also been told I will loose my license for 3-6 months. Is this true? What else can I expect.

ashley350 said:
I live in Colorado and I am 17. I recently got my 2nd consumption ticket. My first one was about a year and a half ago and my consequence then was to take a drug and alcohol class and that was it. Im not sure what my consequences will be this time though. I've been told i have to pay a fine...but I'm not sure how much. I've also been told I will loose my license for 3-6 months. Is this true? What else can I expect.

This may be the case although I don't know exactly which laws you have been charged with violating. Here's Colorado law:

12-47-901. Unlawful acts - exceptions. (1) Except as provided in section 18-13-122, C.R.S., it is unlawful for any person:

(a) To sell, serve, give away, dispose of, exchange, or deliver or permit the sale, serving, giving, or procuring of any alcohol beverage to or for any person under the age of twenty-one years, to a visibly intoxicated person, or to a known habitual drunkard;

(b) To obtain or attempt to obtain any alcohol beverage by misrepresentation of age or by any other method in any place where alcohol beverages are sold when such person is under twenty-one years of age;

(c) To possess alcohol beverages in any store, in any public place, including public streets, alleys, roads, or highways, or upon property owned by the state of Colorado or any subdivision thereof, or inside vehicles while upon the public streets, alleys, roads, or highways when such person is under twenty-one years of age;

(d) To knowingly, or under conditions that an average parent or guardian should have knowledge of, suffer or permit any person under twenty-one years of age, of whom such person may be a parent or guardian, to violate the provisions of paragraph (b) or (c) of this subsection (1);

(e) To buy any vinous or spirituous liquor from any person not licensed to sell at retail as provided by this article except as otherwise provided in this article;

(f) To sell at retail any malt, vinous, or spirituous liquors in sealed containers without holding a retail liquor store or liquor-licensed drugstore license;

(g) To manufacture, sell, or possess for sale any alcohol beverage unless licensed to do so as provided by this article or article 46 or 48 of this title and unless all licenses required are in full force and effect;

12-47-903. Violations - penalties. (1) (a) Any person violating any of the provisions of this article or article 46 or 48 of this title or any of the rules and regulations authorized and adopted pursuant to such articles is guilty of a class 2 petty offense and, upon conviction thereof, shall be punished by a fine of not more than two hundred fifty dollars for each offense.

(b) The penalties provided in this section shall not be affected by the penalties provided in any other section of this article or article 46 or 48 of this title but shall be construed to be in addition to any other penalties.

(2) Any person violating any of the provisions of section 12-47-901 (1) (a), (1) (f), (1) (g), (1) (i), (1) (k), (1) (l), (5) (a) (I), or (5) (b) commits a class 2 misdemeanor and shall be punished as provided in section 18-1-106, C.R.S.

(3) Any person violating any of the provisions of section 12-47-901 (1) (b) or (1) (c) commits a class 2 misdemeanor and shall be punished as provided in section 18-1-106, C.R.S. For the second conviction and for all subsequent convictions of violating the provisions of section 12-47-901 (1) (b) or (1) (c), the court shall impose at least the minimum fine and shall have no discretion to suspend any fine so imposed; except that the court may provide for the payment of such fine as provided in subsection (4) of this section.

(4) At the discretion of the court, the fines provided for violations of section 12-47-901 (1) (b) and (1) (c) may be ordered to be paid by public work only at a reasonable hourly rate to be established by the court who shall designate the time within which such public work is to be completed.

(5) Any person who knowingly violates the provisions of section 12-47-901 (1) (a), (1) (d), or (1) (k), or any person who knowingly induces, aids, or encourages a person under the age of eighteen years to violate the provisions of section 12-47-901 (1) (a), (1) (b), or (1) (c) may be proceeded against pursuant to section 18-6-701, C.R.S., for contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back