Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft 26. got caught shoplifting in nc. 1st offence

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have paid the lawyer the entire amount. I am still worried that if i am not in court and he is not there on time they may call my name and when nobody replies, issue an arrest warrant. Is that possible?. He said i do not have to go there. He also promised to talk to DA about case dismissal. Do LP people from a store have to come to court?..does the case gets automatically dismissed if they do not show? thank you

am still worried that if i am not in court and he is not there on time they may call my name and when nobody replies, issue an arrest warrant. Is that possible?.

Possible? Yes Likley no!

Do LP people from a store have to come to court?..

If summoned yes but that not until trial

.does the case gets automatically dismissed if they do not show? thank you

Your first court date is arraignment the LP will not be needed for that

so do i have to be present in court for my 2nd or 3rd appearence?..unless, of cource, my lawyer and DA agree on smth..

i have also seen someone's record and in a lot of cases it says "Misdermeanor Larceny - Voluntarily dismissed".. does that mean that the people do not press charges or the state drops charges?

laila said:
so do i have to be present in court for my 2nd or 3rd appearence?..unless, of cource, my lawyer and DA agree on smth..

You appear as your Attorney instructs you to appear. However I warn you to not just lay back and let Attorney arrange deals without you checking into all aspects of these deals first. Remember your the Boss

I am sooo stressed out. I am supposed to go to court with my fiancee tomorrow for his speeding ticket for moral support. I am scared the lawyer, who represents me will think i am there for my own charge and come up to me and say smth. Should i avoid to be in a courtroom or warn my attorney to not talk to me?

oh, thank you,..i have been streesed like hell...I am meeting my lawyer this friday and than will find out early next week what deal he can work out..

my lawyer hopes to get a dismissal. I am not sure how that is possible but he said the divirsion would be the worst case scenrio..the best would be a full dismissal. Does the dismissal means the DA is dropping the charges?..and why would they if i stole?

Good question!? Sounds like the Attorney wants to go to trial. That can be costly. I suggest another meeting with Attorney to be sure your on same page

he charged me a flat fee of 500 for the case..Not sure, but the attorney is known as a "pretty boy'" in court and in good standing with DA. I just do not understad how the dismissal would work in my case?

does that mean he is going to try and work with DA?..what are the odds of da to just dismiss a case? is it common?

so how is it possible to get the dismissal?. do i still have to plea smth, like no contest?..I have heard about shoplifting cases where the people showed up for court and were told that their case was dimissed?. does that mean the da dint want to prosecute or the store dropped charges?. i am just a little confused

Without knowing the details of case or what evidence DA has we cannot say. You are best asking your Attorney those questions. Can DA drop charges? Sure but why would he if he has a solid case?

what are some of the common reasons why the case would be dismissed (aside from using one of the divirsion programms)?..i am just wondering why do cases where there is evidence, like a tape or cases where smb is caught redhanded get dismissed?..

I think you have a distorted view of "dismissals" If your case is dismissed due to a diversion program or ACD you still pay fines, community service etc but once you complete program your case is "dismissed" meaning "no conviction"

If your case is dismissed due to DA dropping charges there are no fines etc

What you need to do is ask your Attorney what the dismissal he is speaking of involves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back