25 over the speed limit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bertmadera

A few weeks ago I got a ticket for speeding 25 over the limit and I just turned 20 , I was waiting to pay my ticket but a latter came in my mail saying that I HAVE to go court, i want to know if you guys know anything about what might happen to me.? Please help me, I live in Georgia

You might want to talk to a traffic law attorney. He/she should be able to help you with this.

A few weeks ago I got a ticket for speeding 25 over the limit and I just turned 20 , I was waiting to pay my ticket but a latter came in my mail saying that I HAVE to go court, i want to know if you guys know anything about what might happen to me.? Please help me, I live in Georgia

Do as instructed in the letter and the citation.

If I recall, you could get 4 points for 25 over.

GA also has the "super speeder" law.

I'm not sure if that applies just because you are under 21, but your age might have something to do with your mandatory appearance.

The fine and fees can be expensive, and you might want to look up a traffic attorney and see what he or she can do for you.

Your stat allows for pleas to be made and the charge can be lessened, lowering the cost.

In some cases, you can get a deferred sentencing, get no tickets, and the ticket never goes on your record.

The cost of the lawyer will often be covered by keeping your auto insurance rates lower.

20 over the limit is likely a misdemeanor for reckless driving. You likely have more going on here than the common speeding ticket.
Show up to court and get yourself a lawyer to help you out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back